Monday, November 7, 2011

Calamity of Commas

Dear Writer,
Is it just me, or do you experience cold sweats while deciding whether or not you should use a comma? Sometimes using a comma is a simple matter, but more often than not, and most especially with complex sentences, commas are quite confusing. I do believe I need a comma refresher. I'm not even sure if my commas in this post are correct. I think I may have a case of the vapors over commas. I suppose this is a silly thing to ponder over. I wonder if Jane pondered over commas. Perhaps she did, but I imagine the rules have changed since then. I think I should read The Elements of Style with an eye towards commas. Those little squiggles can change meaning, you know. Yes, I do believe I need a refresher. Would anyone care to post a comment or two on commas? I would be much obliged. 


Yours Truly,
Duchess of Dreams

0 comments:

Post a Comment