Wednesday, November 30, 2011

From Cockney Accent to Regency Romance

BUY ON AMAZON
Gentle Reader,
Once upon a younger life, I was an actress (at least I wanted to be an actress). I had a delightful part of a cockney maid in a play. Now that I think upon it, I cannot remember the name of the play, but I do remember my favorite line: "Oh do go on!" I spent hours listening to audio tapes in preparation for my minor roll. I had such great fun playing this character. My highest compliment came from an audience member who happened to be visiting from England. He asked the housemaster if I was born in England! Can you imagine my delight? I fell in love with the sound of the British voice during those youthful years. I do love love a good movie starring Hugh Grant or Colin Firth. The sounds are delicious to my ears.
                                                                                                              Yours Truly,
                                                                                                              Duchess of Dreams

0 comments:

Post a Comment